GCS rents space for all of its athletic competitions. At the beginning of each season, there will be a parent/coach/student meeting to explain the policies and procedures and the schedule for practices and games.
- Any student choosing to participate will be given the opportunity as long as they are in good academic and behavior standing.
- There is a $75.00 fee for every student participating in the athletic program. This fee must be paid prior to issuing of uniforms or attendance at practices.
- Uniforms are issued for each sport. At the end of the season, it is the responsibility of the student to return the uniform clean.
- In order to be eligible to participate in a practice or game, an athlete must have been present for at least 4 hours of the school day.
Parents of Athletes
Parent concerns should be addressed in the following manner:
- Make an appointment with the coach.
- If the coach cannot be reached, call the Athletic Director to set up a meeting.
- Please do not attempt to confront a coach before, during or following a game. These can be busy and emotional times for both the parent and coach and this period does not promote objective analysis of the situation.
- If the meeting with the coach or Athletic Director does not allay your concerns, make an appointment with the Head of School to discuss the situation.