Grace Christian School has an active after-school sports program overseen by our enthusiastic athletic director and there are sporting opportunities for all students in grades 5-8. Among the sports we offer are basketball, volleyball, soccer, flag football, and track.
While extra-curricular activities are an integral part of our program, academics remain the first priority. In order to be eligible to participate in an extra-curricular activity after school, a student must have been present for at least 4 hours of the school day and meet academic requirements.
- All rules stated in the GCS handbook apply for curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Guests of GCS students at extra-curricular activities are subject to GCS rules and policies.
Any student in grades 5-8 may participate in the athletic program at GCS.
Only 8th graders will be allowed to participate in two sports at a time. Cheerleading – 4th grade girls are invited to participate and also 4th graders may be invited to join the track and field team if needed to field full teams.
Athletic Programs Offered
- Varsity Volleyball
- Varsity Basketball
- Junior Varsity Volleyball
- Junior Varsity Basketball
- Track & Field
- Flag Football
GCS rents space for all of its athletic competitions. At the beginning of each season, there will be a parent/coach/student meeting to explain the policies and procedures and the schedule for practices and games.
- Any student choosing to participate will be given the opportunity as long as they are in good academic and behavior standing.
- There is a $75.00 fee for every student participating in the athletic program. This fee must be paid prior to issuing of uniforms or attendance at practices.
- Uniforms are issued for each sport except track & field. At the end of the season, it is the responsibility of the student to return the uniform clean.
- In order to be eligible to participate in a practice or game, an athlete must have been present for at least 4 hours of the school day.